Counterbalance Forklift Training
The Counterbalance Forklift Truck is the most common of all forklift trucks in use today across all workforces for materials handling operations.
This style of Forklift comes in many sizes and capacities from small, manoeuvrable electric 3-wheeler’s of 1000 kg capacity through to 50,000 kg capacity diesel machines.
The most common are the 2,500 kg capacity electric, diesel and LPG machines.
DriveTrain Solutions Ltd will get you qualified in this type of Forklift Truck.
- Course introduction and induction
- Health & safety at work act 1974
- Lifting operations and lifting equipment regulations 1998
- Provision & use of work equipment regulations 1998.
- Approved code of practice
- Operator safety and observation
- Pre-Shift checks & test
- Defect reporting procedures
- Lift Truck stability – engineering principles and weight assessment
- Driving within simulated working conditions
- Manoeuvring skills
- Rated capacity & load centre’s
- Hydraulic system and use of the controls
- Stacking & de-stacking – load handling skills
- Vehicle loading and offloading
- Refuelling and recharging procedures including battery handling and housing
- Theoretical examination
- Practical examination
1-day refresher course for up to 3 existing operators – delegates who have already held a valid certification for a counterbalance forklift truck
3-day experienced training course for up to 3 delegates -who have some but little experience on a counterbalance forklift truck
5-day novice training course for up to 3 delegates -who have no experience on a counterbalance forklift truck
Each delegate will be given a theory (multi-choice format) test to assess their job-related safety knowledge, pre-use and a practical test, upon successful completion a certificate of basic training will be awarded.