Vehicle Mounted Forklift
An LGV Driver can expand their skills by acquiring a Vehicle Mounted Forklift Certificate.
This qualification enables drivers to carry a forklift attached to the rear of their truck which enables them to load and unload themselves.
On completion of training, the course members will:
- Be able to operate the truck model used in training safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers’ handbook and accepted good practice.
- Be able to attach the truck to a carrying vehicle and detach it form a carrying vehicle safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers’ handbook and instructions and the relevant road traffic legislation.
- Clearly understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads
- Be able to carry a routine pre-use inspection of the truck
- Introduction to the truck to be used
- Controls and instruments
- Starting, moving & stopping the truck
- Steering the truck
- 4-way travel and steering mode (if applicable)
- Operation of the hydraulic controls
- Pre-use inspection and take over maintenance
- Weight assessment
- Handling pallets/containers/bulk packs/loads associated with the industry in which the truck is operating
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Driving and operating over rough terrain
- Road vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking and de-stacking
- Attaching truck to and detaching truck from the carrying vehicle
As an accredited training organisation we can offer a National photo ID certificate for no additional cost. This then enables the Trainee to operate any machine (with permission) anywhere in the UK. Their names and details are kept on a National Operators Registration Scheme Database. The certificate is valid throughout the UK and will be recognised by both employment agencies and perspective employers.
*This is optional, and if employers prefer, we can supply in-house certificates, only allowing the candidates to operate for your company Only.*
All training is accredited via ITSSAR – Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register