Emergency First Aid At Work Course
The Emergency First Aid At Work Course only takes 1 day to complete and is interactive First Aid Course providing essential First Aid knowledge and skills. If you would like to book your place or if you have a question for us please call 01753 683972, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the team will get back to you shortly.
Level 3 Award in EFAW Course (RQF).
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require all employers to make arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work.
This includes carrying out a risk assessment, appointing a suitable amount of First Aider’s and providing appropriate First Aid training.
The Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work Course (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification designed for those who have a specific responsibility at work, to provide First Aid in a range of emergency first aid situations.
It is also ideal for people who have a specific responsibility to provide basic first aid in voluntary and community activities.
During this 1 day course, learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of Emergency First Aid situations, including: managing an unresponsive casualty, CPR, choking, shock, wounds and bleeding and minor injuries.
There will be a number of assessments on the Emergency First Aid At Work Course, don’t worry though, your instructor will make sure you are 100% ready to take and pass them successfully.
4 x Practical assessments and 1 x Theory assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper).
Emergency First Aid At Work Course Qualification Overview.
The qualification and learning outcomes for the Emergency First Aid At Work Course are based on the recommendations of:
• Resuscitation Council (UK).
• Assessment Principles for Regulated First Aid Qualifications.
This qualification is:
• For people who deal with first aid at work enabling them to be emergency first aiders under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
• Based on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) training standard for delivery of First Aid at Work (FAAW) courses for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
The Emergency First Aid At Work Course and qualification will enable Learners to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations.
Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of First Aider.
Objective of the EFAW Course.
The objective of the qualification is to benefit learners by enabling them to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of Emergency First Aid situations and / or take on the role of emergency First Aider in the workplace.
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare the learner to develop the skills and knowledge needed to administer emergency first aid.
This qualification is for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide basic first aid to people in a range of emergency first aid situations.
Qualification Specification of the Emergency First Aid At Work Course.
This qualification contains 1 mandatory unit with a Total Qualification Time (TQT) of 7 hours.
Learners must complete all assessments successfully within the registration period to achieve the qualification. The maximum period to achieve this qualification including any referrals is 3 weeks.
TQT is the total number of hours required for a learner to achieve this qualification.
It has 2 elements:
• Guided Learning Hours (GLH) is the time a learner is being taught and assessed under the immediate guidance of a Trainer/Assessor, which for this qualification is 6 GLH, and
• The number of hours a Learner will reasonably be likely to spend in preparation and study as directed by but not under the immediate guidance or supervision of a Trainer, e.g. pre-course reading, which for this qualification is 1 hour.
What You Will Learn On The Emergency First Aid At Work Course
The Emergency First Aid At Work Course will give you a thorough grounding of First Aid knowledge when it comes to knowing what to do in an Emergency situation.
Within the Emergency First Aid At Work Course you will have hands on time dealing with a number of scenarios that include administering Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). You will also cover the following:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a First Aider.
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty.
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding.
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock.
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries.
- Preventing cross infection.
- The need for recording incidents and actions.
- Safe use of available equipment.
- Assessing an incident.
- Summoning assistance.
- Prioritising treatment.
- Dealing with post incident stress.
- When to administer Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Correct placement of AED pads.
- Following AED instructions.
- Recovery position.
- Hypovolaemic shock (resulting from blood loss)