Vocational Driver Courses

Home » Vocational Driver Courses

Vocational Driver Courses

DriveTrain Solutions Ltd offer a large number of Vocational Driver Courses including;

  • ALLMI Slinger/Signaller
  • Managing The Operators Licence
  • Forklift AITT
  • Moffat
  • Tachograph: Digital/ Analogue
  • Drivers hours/ Regulations
  • LGV C (Class 2 Rigid)
  • LGV C + E (Class 1 Articulated)
  • PCV – Cat D1
  • PCV – Cat D
  • Road Transport Working Time Regulations (RTWTR) 2005. Consultancy and implementation.
  • Cycle Awareness – applicable to all company staff.

Contact Us For More Information

If you are interested in any of the additional courses listed above please call us on 01753 683972, email us at info@drivetrain-training.co.uk or complete the Contact DriveTrain Training Form.

We are adding new courses all the time so if what you are looking for is not on the list just call and ask.

Why You Need Vocational Driver Courses

Why You Need Vocational Driver Courses and Training

Professional lorry drivers are legally required to hold a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) in addition to their vocational driving license. Vocational Driver Training involves continuing professional development which carries on throughout a lorry, bus or coach driver’s career.

The main aims of the driver CPC are to improve road safety, encourage drivers to continually update their skills and knowledge and raise the status of bus, coach and lorry drivers to promote driving as a career.

It is now a requirement that a driver has to complete 35 hours of ‘periodic training‘ every 5 years to retain the Driver CPC.

There is a range of courses available, and training can normally be tailored by training providers to suit your individual needs and hone specific driving skills along with specialisms such as Dangerous Goods Transport and Hazardous Goods Carriage – such specialist training can give you 21 hours (of 35 hours) toward renewal of a drivers CPC.

Even in our 21st-century realm of online shopping as well as gizmos in abundance, there remains the indisputable fact that all things have to be moved from A to B and the vast majority is performed by the motorways.

The haulage business remains large and always needs new expert drivers. With a recent change in rules not only do you need an LGV or PCV license additionally you need Vocational Driver Training before you drive professionally.

As a recognition of the excellence of most professional drivers and in a bid to keep bettering standards continuing professional education was introduced in the form of the CPC qualification.

All drivers will be affected by it irrespective of their experience.

There is a directive created and announced from the E.U. A decade ago.

The objective of this is to boost the expertise and more to the point the expertise of all professional drivers. The aim certainly is always that it will result in a reduction in mishaps relating to lorries and buses and hence a fall in the number of fatalities and significant injuries.

The CPC training requirements are different for new as compared to existing drivers.

For the law, a new driver is defined as anybody who passed their D, D1, D! E or D E or C, C1, C1 E or C E vocational qualifications after September 10 2008.

Current drivers who had their LGV or PCV license just before September 08 do not have to do the basic driver CPC.

Instead, they’re expected over Five years to carry out a total of Thirty-five hours of occasional coaching. This is a requirement to driving as a professional.

If you are not utilising your license, you do not need to undertake the education.

If you’re thinking about becoming a specialist driver, then the initial decision you make is which class of motor vehicle you drive.

There are two licenses one for large goods vehicles (LGV ) license and one regarding passenger carrying vehicles (PCV) license.

You can avoid needless to say obtain both if you would like and may do.

Furthermore, you need to do the original driver CPC qualification.

The initial CPC training is divided into 4 diverse elements.

You have to pass them all before you can drive professionally on the road.

The first component is a theory test that like several exams is based on multiple selection questions with a lot more hazard perception questions.

The 2nd part are case studies.

Part three is a practical test of one’s driving skills.

The final component is a vehicle safety demo test.

The 4 parts must be done before you can use your LGV or PCV permit.

You will find many controlled training companies which will do your training as well as organise the exams so you will soon be on the road to building a new career.

Your driving will become safe and better.

You will get a good knowledge of legal matters related to driving.

You can easily handle emergency situations.

Awareness about environment will increase and make you more cost conscious.

It will help you to understand passenger’s comforts.Also help to maintain your health.

Who needs this certification?

Professional bus, coach and lorry drivers. Any driver who drives Lorries exceeding 3.5 tones. Minibuses with 9 seats or more.

Who does not need this certification?

If you are driving for non- commercial purposes you are a driving instructor you are driving vehicles with a speed not exceeding than 45 km/h.

If you hold a vocational license for buses and coaches as well as Lorries, then only you need one set of periodic training.

Only approved trainers can provide this training.

To become professional driver, you need to go through the following elements of training;

Multiple choices as well as case study theory tests for 2 hours.

Driving test for 90 minute practical test for 30 minutes.

Remember that license is valid for five years.

You can renew it by completing 35 hours of periodic training.

More about DriveTrains Vocational Driver Courses

Shopping Basket