“The Department for Transport has announced that EU drivers’ hours and tachograph rules will change on 20 August.
The new rules will include:
- More flexibility on the scheduling of the rest periods for some drivers on international carriage of goods
- A requirement for drivers’ to ‘return home’ every 4 weeks
- A ban on taking regular weekly rest periods in the driver’s vehicle
- New provisions for rests and breaks for drivers when journeys involve transport by ferry or by rail
- A new requirement to keep a full record of all other work
- A new definition of ‘non-commercial carriage”